Center for Wellbeing & Happiness Membership
Learn about the benefits of our FREE membership. Whether you live, work, or go to school on the Lower East Side, you are eligible to join the Center.
Who can become a member?
Live on the LES
Work on the LES
Member of a LES-based nonprofit organization
Grew up on the LES
Go to school on the LES
Child goes to school on the LES
- Choose the goals you want to work on with the help of the Community Wellness Coordinator
- Develop a personalized plan to reach your goals
- Meet with the Community Wellness Coordinator to track your progress
A Space To Connect
How do I sign up?
How much does membership cost? How much do classes cost?
Membership is free to all Lower East Side residents, and there is no charge for any of the classes offered by the Center for Wellbeing and Happiness.
If I am not a LES community member, can I pay for a membership or classes?
No, we cannot enroll participants who are not Lower East Side community members in our membership or classes, and we cannot accept payment for membership or classes
When is the Center for Wellbeing & Happiness open? What are the hours?
We are currently open on the following days. We will expand our operating hours in the future.
- Wednesday: 12 PM – 7 PM
- Thursday: 12 PM – 8 PM
- Saturday: 10:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Can I become a member if I don't have an email address?
Yes. If you do not have an email, you can become a member by visiting the center in-person at 101 Avenue D, and filling out a paper form.
Can I host community meetings or events here?
Yes, the Center for Wellbeing & Happiness may be rented for civic, educational, cultural, and community-related events.
The Center is not available for:
- Private social events such as birthday, graduation, or retirement parties;
- External fundraising events, projects, or programs;
- Events which offer items or services for sale or which include overt solicitation of clients for products or services
- Meetings or events held for political parties or interests for the sole purpose of soliciting or raising money.
If your event meets the above criteria, you may submit an event request form. If your request is approved, you will be responsible for the timely payment of the rental fee.
How do I become an instructor at the Center for Wellbeing & Happiness?
Please fill out the form at centerforwellbeing.nyc/get-involved, and a member of our team will follow up with you.